Saturday, November 18, 2006

An up/rooted Christmas with Scot McKnight

I have exciting news! Professor Scot McKnight of North Park University will be joining us at our next up/rooted gathering on Monday, December 11 from 7-9pm to discuss his newest book, The Real Mary: Why Evangelical Christians Can Embrace the Mother of Jesus. Scot has been a vocal supporter of the emerging church over the past few years, especially through his well-known blog, Jesus Creed. We are excited that he can finally make it out to one of our gatherings, and I, for one, am looking forward to reading his book and hearing his thoughts on Mary during this Christmas season.

We'll be meeting in a different location, and a totally different suburb this time. Pastor Fred has graciously offered to host us at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Park Ridge (near O'Hare) this month. (The address is 1006 Gillick St, Park Ridge IL 60068.) This means that for those of you in the north suburbs or downtown, we'll be a lot closer to you this time! I hope you are able to come and join us, especially if we haven't seen you in a while due to the distance.

BTW, our gathering this past week with the Psalters was great. I'll be sending out a summary soon.

See you all in December!

Mike Clawson
up/rooted co-coordinator

1 comment:

Helen said...

Neat - I'd like to come to this. I'm going to see if I can make it.